Friday, February 19, 2010

Listen Up {Take The Time To Dance}

I’ve posted before about how much I love to dance, especially in my kitchen while preparing dinner. I think any good weekend needs to start off with a little bit of dancing around the house. I like to go home from work, kick off my shoes and put on some comfy pants and dance around as I straighten up the house a bit. It always gets my weekend started off on the right note.

Here are some of my favorite songs to dance around too.

One thing to note: these aren’t really dance songs. I really prefer to dance to songs that are a little more musically interesting, rather than those that are set up specifically so that any Tom, Dick or Harry can dance to them. That’s not to say that more traditional dance or club songs can’t be fun, I just don’t own any of those songs, so you’ll never find me dancing to them in my house.

Okkervil River, “Unless It’s Kicks”

Phoenix, “Lisztomania”

Fiona Apple, “A Better Version of Me”

Spoon, “The Underdog”

Dirtie Blonde, “Walk Over Me”

The Arcade Fire, “Rebellion (Lies)”

Rilo Kiley, “Portions For Foxes”

Okay, every good dance session needs at least one total classic.

Madonna, “Like A Prayer”

[Via http://thingsiadore.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment