Monday, February 1, 2010

Madonna's Entourage

Dear Lilith Fair,

 

Shortly after moving to New York, I was swept off my feet by Madonna and her Sweet and Sticky Tour. I landed a position being the home school teacher for her personal trainer’s son. You know the woman with the elastic bands who also trained Gwenyth Paltrow? Well, that was who I worked for.

 

Along with packing Madonna’s ice packs, jumping on her mini trampoline before she warmed up for the show, and staying at Gwenyth Paltrow and Chris Martin’s house in the Hamptons, I saw the most unglamourous parts of the glamourous life. No one seemed happy. Everyone ate expensive food at fancy hotels. Everyone had work to do and no fun to be had. Everyone had to buy more things. Everyone had to inspect themselves in mirrors. Being part of the entourage’s entourage, I was always on my own at hotels no one else stayed at, stuck in a basement in Illinois, or a house in the middle of Indiana.

 

The only thing that saved me was my guitar. Luckily, because music was part of the home school curriculum, I was allowed to bring it with me. In a lonely hotel room in Los Angeles I wrote “Glitz and Glamour.”

 

 



“Glitz and Glamour” MP3 Download

[Via http://dearlilithfair2010.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment