Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Crazy VMAs

I think that this was officially the craziest VMA show ever.  I never remember it being exciting at all.  Usually they hype it up and everyone gets let down.  Let when they were saying Britney Spears was making a comeback, but it was still too early for her.  I was glad when she did make a comeback though.

This year had the MJ tribute which was supposed to be the highlight of the show but I don’t think it was.  It had Madonna’s speech which was good if a bit redundant. MJ was a king and human.  MJ was like her except without a childhood and didn’t get the chance to made mistakes.  And she did not look like herself for some reason.  I almost didn’t recognize her.  I had to do a double take on Madonna whose image is known the world over.  The music and dancing was good.  I was kind of mad Janet only stayed out for a part of scream but she was good.  I wished everyone had gotten up and done thriller, but that’s just a dream.

And then there was the whole Kanye thing.  Kanye drinking on the red carpet and passing the booze around.  And then taking the mic from Taylor Swift.  I saw him on Jay Leno the other night and I seriously think the man’s got a problem and its not just his ego or inability to keep his opinions to himself.  He needs some help.

Kanye was not the only one to jump on stage uninvited.  Lil’ Mama did too.  Remember seeing her with Jay Z and Alicia Keys?  Not supposed to be there and she seriously pissed off Jay Z.

Pink’s performance was awesome.  I couldn’t believe those acrobatics.  And was she really singing? How the heck.

And Lady Gaga’s so Crazy! I love it.  She went on a date with Kermit the frog (although not too long ago she was wearing a jacket that looked like dead Kermits).  Her outfits were kind of scary too. I was like Beyonce get out of there now. But that could just be that I think masquerade masks are scary and Lady gaga was looking like the Phantom of the Opera behind her.  Her Paparazzi performance was terrifying.  It was like watching a 50s B horror movie with her dying at the end. Although it did look like Carrie too.  Do you think she over did it with the blood at the end and hanging by her arm?  Then there was her red lace outfit which I thought was because she had “died.”  I thought she looked like a dead red queen or king (I was thinking king when I first saw it for some reason) walking around. Her acceptance speech was funny.  She actually handed back the moon man to take off the head veil. And Perez looked like a rooster when he jumped up congratulating her.  Then there was what looked like bird nest outfit with the collar and leash.  And then there are rumours that Lady Gaga wanted to have lions at the VMAs.  Lions? Someone would have been eaten.  That would not have worked well.

Then there was Beyonce, the wonderful Beyonce.  I was so glad that as the winner of best video she gave Taylor the time to give her speech.

And there were more wonderful performers Muse and Green Day. 

What do you think about this year’s VMAs? I think everyone was trying to out do everyone else.  At least that made it really interesting.

Kagehime

No comments:

Post a Comment