Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Video of the Week: Asian Street Dancing

My “Video of the Week” segment returns with a slight deviation from the norm.  The basic requirement for a video to be featured on this blog is for it to have some kind of piano/keyboard instrument, of any kind, in it.

Well, I’m going out on a limb this week as this video relates to a VERY guilty pleasure of mine .  .  .

Since I was a teenager many moons ago, I’ve been a dedicated Madonna fan.  I’ve been to two of her concerts, and I own just about every album in her catalogue.

This week she releases a definitive collection of 36 hit songs that span her entire 26-year career.  It is a collection called “Celebration”, and I, for one, will be obtaining my copy this week, along with millions of other fans around the world.

When it comes to celebrating pop culture icons, I don’t think anyone does it better than the Japanese (or any Asian culture, for that matter, as over a thousand dancers in Thailand just did a choreographed number to “Vogue” last week in the streets of Bangkok).

This week’s featured video is of an impromptu dance mob that takes over a busy intersection in Tokyo, Japan.  They appear out of nowhere and just start dancing.  In case you are wondering, they are performing to Madonna’s two new songs on the collection, “Celebration” and “Revolver”.

This is pretty freakin’ awesome .  .  .

Asian Power!  Aww Yeaaah!!

-g

No comments:

Post a Comment